There is no denying that both men and women have got their own specialties and uniqueness in terms of what they bring to the table when it's time to contribute to society. But since we just passed by Women’s Day, we have researched and gathered some facts about women that will leave you in awe!
Women truly are phenomenal. Women find endless ways to serve their loved ones, do their best to make the people around them happy, and support their tribe. Women are bakers, artists, chauffeurs, mothers, wives, students, and doctors; the list goes on and on. Women are incredible because they have got enough love within themselves to make a change, and they also have the courage to help others on the same path.
- In the United States, over 60% of college degrees go into the hands of women.
- The highest IQ scores recorded in history belong to two women.
- Back in 1770, the British Parliament proposed a bill that stated that any woman found wearing makeup shall be punished for witchcraft.
- The size of a male brain is 7% larger than that of a female. However, both of them contain the same amount of brain cells.
- The first film to star a female lead AND be directed by a woman was Wonder Woman, which was released in 2017.
- In the United States, 71% of the women who have children under the age of 18 are working outside their homes. This has changed in the past four decades as the rate back then stood at a meager 47%.
- The first person to ever ride down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel was a female school teacher who was 43 years old.
- Every 90 seconds, a woman dies around the world because of complications in childbirth or pregnancy.
- The act of burning a widow known as sati is a practice in India and Nepal. At first, it happened as a voluntary act when women would burn themselves alive after the death of their husbands as a sign of love and devotion.
- In the olden days, women were prohibited from watching Olympic games. However, every four years, the Games of Hera were held for women to be able to participate in foot racing competitions.
How many of these fascinating facts were you familiar with?